We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jemina

If you won a significant amount on the lottery what would you spend it on?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

If I won the lottery, I would buy an apartment and invest in bitcoins. Then, I would build businesses and give people jobs. I would spend it just like that.

When I am asked this question, I always this answer. I will donate 25 percent to a charity.  I always have to desire to build a shelter for old people, where they will get free food and live peacefully until they die. I will give 25 percent to my siblings, and parents; While I enjoy richness, I don't my my family to struggle with little money. I will invest 25 percent in property because I want a secured future. With the remaining 25 percent I will travel around the world.

Depends on how much money that is. If it is $500K + I'd invest that money in something that will start generating me some income within a year.

After that one year I would quit my day job and start doing things like writing a book, creating some 3D art, etc., which I've always wanted to but don't have the time to do because most of my time at the present is spent working.

Honestly I hate it when people say they'd donate like 1/3 of their money to charity. If I won a lot of money from the lottery I would surely help my mother with her retirement, then I'd spend 20 thousand-40 thousand on myself (clothing, beauty, electronics I have always wanted, etc.). I'd put a good part of the money in the bank so it would grow and the rest I'd probably invest in the stock market or start my own fashion business.

I would not only buy my heart's every desire, but I would try to make some sort of difference with the money.  Like building a huge apartment building and housing people who can't afford it.  Build a pharmacy for vital medicines, that no one has to pay for them, if they cannot pay for them otherwise.  There are so many different options to really help a community, if you've got the bank account to support it.  But even if a person doesn't have money, volunteering time for community services and helping others is just as rewarding. 

Thе lаst 10 yеаrs оr sо hаvе nоt bееn gооd fоr mе prоfеssiоnаlly аnd, thеrеfоrе, finаnсiаlly. Lаst yеаr I stаrtеd buying lоttеry tiсkеts sеmi-rеgulаrly. I wаs vеry еmbаrrаssеd thе first fеw timеs, bесаusе I аlwаys bеliеvеd thаt it wаs а "stupid tаx" аnd а suсkеr's bеt.

I'm оvеr fееling guilty оr еmbаrrаssеd, but I in nо wаy think it is а "smаrt" bеt оr аn "invеstmеnt strаtеgy." Hоwеvеr, I nоw think аbоut а nеw quеstiоn: Stаrting аt mid-lifе, with nо саpitаl, nо grоundbrеаking idеа, аnd nо skill thаt sеts mе аpаrt frоm thе pасk, аm I mоrе likеly tо bесоmе а multi-milliоnаirе thrоugh wоrk аnd/оr еntrеprеnеuriаl еntеrprisе оr by winning thе lоttеry?