We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

redpanda

Pokemon GO

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Krnasmommy said:

I'm in Arizona but just around my apartment I've found a lot of different kinds 

Nice! I haven't seen several of those. I find Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow everywhere but I assume everyone does, ha. In my apartment complex, I see Venonat, Oddish, Weedle, Scyther (rarely), and Bulbasaur (also kind of rare). I'm near two water sources so occasionally water types show up, I've gotten Staryu, Goldeen, Krabby, and Slowpoke :).  Oddly, I haven't found a Magikarp yet...

Just started playing it in my room a while ago, well it's not available in my region yet but since everyone is so excited about it, I thought it just download it using another way. I gotta say this is very different kind of game to play on a phone! Can't believe our old school Pokémon is now transformed into such a game. I'll have a walk at my neighbourhood tomorrow and see if I manage to catch something more interesting. :D

uploadfromtaptalk1468204137081.thumb.pnguploadfromtaptalk1468204158926.thumb.png

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

9 hours ago, redpanda said:

Nice! I haven't seen several of those. I find Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow everywhere but I assume everyone does, ha. In my apartment complex, I see Venonat, Oddish, Weedle, Scyther (rarely), and Bulbasaur (also kind of rare). I'm near two water sources so occasionally water types show up, I've gotten Staryu, Goldeen, Krabby, and Slowpoke :).  Oddly, I haven't found a Magikarp yet...

That's where I get all mine hah I don't even leave my apartment. I did get lucky enough to catch a pikachu in my living room this morning though! I was so excited haha but yeah everything I've caught I've gotten just in my house. 

1 hour ago, SElf said:

Just started playing it in my room a while ago, well it's not available in my region yet but since everyone is so excited about it, I thought it just download it using another way. I gotta say this is very different kind of game to play on a phone! Can't believe our old school Pokémon is now transformed into such a game. I'll have a walk at my neighbourhood tomorrow and see if I manage to catch something more interesting. :D

uploadfromtaptalk1468204137081.pnguploadfromtaptalk1468204158926.png

I'm jealous of that Seel! Dewgong is one of my favorites :). I haven't seen Nidorino or Drowzee, either. I love that different regions have different Pokemon. It's going to make my move across country less boring, at least.

15 minutes ago, Krnasmommy said:

That's where I get all mine hah I don't even leave my apartment. I did get lucky enough to catch a pikachu in my living room this morning though! I was so excited haha but yeah everything I've caught I've gotten just in my house. 

Haha, I actually caught a Pikachu in my bedroom! I think we're both lucky, I know other people who don't find anything in their homes (or they just find Rattata over and over).

I love that so many people are playing and making friends through this game. I know it's already helped a lot of people with anxiety and depression.

I literally just downloaded the app the other day, after seeing all my friends posting about it on social media. There's really quite a buzz behind it right now! It's fun though, and I especially love that it's getting people out and moving - a great way to encourage a healthy lifestyle even whilst enjoying a game!

I have been playing Pokemon Go, but not as avidly as others. It's a really fun game and the concept is great. This game has the potential to be amazing, but it also has the potential to cause a ridiculous amount of news. I had to lay on my horn a few days ago due to a man standing in the cross walk trying to catch a Pokemon. It's getting a bit ridiculous. I have seen gatherings of people at parks, walking around and not paying attention to their surroundings. It's insane how many people are ignoring the world around them and walking blindly with their phone aimed toward their faces. Apparently, there have already been incidents where people have been hit by cars. A man even stopped in the middle of the freeway for a Pokemon.

On 7/11/2016 at 6:44 AM, SElf said:

Let's see the worldwide search trend on Google xD:D

trend.PNG

Haha, that's great. I heard that search trends converting km to miles went way up :p. Maybe Americans will finally learn the metric system!

On 7/11/2016 at 3:32 PM, lexinonomous said:

I have been playing Pokemon Go, but not as avidly as others. It's a really fun game and the concept is great. This game has the potential to be amazing, but it also has the potential to cause a ridiculous amount of news. I had to lay on my horn a few days ago due to a man standing in the cross walk trying to catch a Pokemon. It's getting a bit ridiculous. I have seen gatherings of people at parks, walking around and not paying attention to their surroundings. It's insane how many people are ignoring the world around them and walking blindly with their phone aimed toward their faces. Apparently, there have already been incidents where people have been hit by cars. A man even stopped in the middle of the freeway for a Pokemon.

Yeah, people need to be smart about it. Playing the game while driving isn't cool. At the same time, I feel like a lot of the people doing dumb stuff like that are the people who already text while driving, don't look up from their phones while crossing the street, etc. As for getting hit by cars, the news stories I've seen (so far) about people being hit or causing bad car accidents were actually fake. I hate that so many fake news sites exist :(.

I don't really like Pokemon, a lot of people seems to love it but I think that I really never got the hype for it. But one of my closest friends have had some pretty funny stories about this game, he's 25 years old and it has been a lot of times where little kids show up to his apartment to ask for a Pokemon that he has, it makes him feel really old and nostalgic, it's always fun to listen to his stories with this game.

Sent from my iPod touch using GirlLoveGirl.net mobile app