Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

lexinonomous

Are you religious?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Many people have an idea that the LGBTQ community cannot be religious. There are many religions that will deny others, simply due to their sexuality. This causes a lot of problems and confusion when it comes to staying with the religion you were brought up in. I have been told countless times that Catholicism would deny me, based on the fact that I identify as bisexual. Luckily, I am not looking to follow any religious practices, but I still find it sad for others that do need a religious outlet.

As someone who grew up in a Catholic church, along side Paganism on my mothers side, I've seen both ends of the spectrum. It's safe to say that there are tons of religions that are unwilling to accept homosexuals.

Are you religious?

Did you stay with your church and/or practice after coming out?

Most of the world religions is not accepting LGBT. The Holy Bible and the Quran clearly states that the LGBT are banned in the Kingdom of God/Allah. Interestingly Hinduism and Buddhism are mum regarding LGBT issues. There are no supports there are no rejections. Since we can see same sex relation on the old Hindu art, we can interpret that Hinduism accept LGBT.

God does not interpret religion, it is humans who interpret religion.

Funny, I grew up in the Catholic church too but I am not at all religious these days. I just try and live my life on the ideals of being a good person. I think it's important to just be kind to people, you don't know what they're going through - and if any religion tries to tell me otherwise, then I think that's ridiculous!

What’s a person searching for in a church, a mosque or whatever religious buildings? I think it is love and a feeling of belonging! If by being part of a religion makes you feel odd, then you are not being truth to yourself. Religion may serve immensely to so many people but LGBT have the gift of loving beyond religions perceptions…This may be the reason why you may pick what you love from a religion and still fill part of it even though you may not be accepted by religious people you know. BUT it you feel guilty about who you are and your sexual preferences, then stay away of religion and don’t feel anger about those who can’t yet understand your way of loving!

Many priests around the world were actually somehow involved in homosexual relationships.  Of course, The Church wasn't much supportive about that but the very fact screams that LGBT and being religion can go hand in hand together.

What about me... well, I'm not religious. But have nothing against that as long as the other person doesn't try to impose his views on me. That's a red flag. And I've met a lot of people in the LGBT community who are religious to some extent.

I аm rеligiоus in sо fаr аs I bеliеvе thеrе is а lоt mоrе tо lifе аnd оur univеrsе thаn wе knоw, оr еvеn think wе knоw tоdаy.  I bеliеvе in sсiеnсе аnd physiсs.  I bеliеvе using thе sсiеntifiс mеthоd, wе will mаkе nеw аnd grеаt disсоvеriеs.  Sо, оnе соuld аrguе thаt sсiеnсе is my rеligiоn.

I grew up in a really religious environment, but I think that I have never been really into it, I mostly go to church and try to seem like a believer because of my dad... But I feel that I'm not welcome there, I feel this rejection when I get in... I don't know, I have a problem with that, I guess. 
But I consider myself an agnostic, I don't think that there's a god... I feel like there's a force? I don't know how to explain it? But I think that the idea of having something bigger than us up there, it's still on my head, I guess.

I am religious. One thing that is so clear to me is that religion will not take you to heaven as others say or think it is the personal relationship you have with Jesus. God is love and nothing can separate us from his love. He will not love you more or less if you are straight or gay his love is constant.

I'll ассеpt аnything within nаturе thаt саnnоt bе mеаsurеd by tоdаy's mеthоds оr tооls аs bеing supеrnаturаl.  Mеаning, I suspесt things еxist thаt wе саnnоt yеt mеаsurе оr dеtесt, but wе will bе аblе tо in thе futurе... sаy а "sixth sеnsе," аmоng оthеr things in nаturе thаt аrе invisiblе tо us tоdаy.  Tо thаt еnd, I dо nоt bеliеvе things еxists оutsidе оf nаturе, things thаt саnnоt bе knоwn оr disсоvеrеd.

My parents are quite religious. But I am not. Can I say younger generations are less religious?

I think I mentioned somewhere on the forum that I was taught in a way that the God will punish you for things you did badly/wrongly. So it's probably the reason why I am not too religious because I don't think God likes punishing people (though I believe God in general) .

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

14_289146.png