Join our first ever forum contest here:565_rainbow:

lexinonomous

Are you religious?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

My parents are non-denominational Protestants who don't attend church but do believe in God.  I myself identify as atheist/agnostic.

I get annoyed sometimes, however, by the way some people (on both "sides") act like being LGBT and religious are mutually exclusive, as I know several gay people who are VERY religious.

The truth is a religious body, for example Christians, wouldn't associate itself with actions or ways of life which the Bible condemns. In that case it shouldn't be any surprise if such people suffer a rejection from Churches which was originally place of worship for their parents or when they were much more younger. I am religious and do not agree to contemplating God's standards

On 08/07/2016 at 7:47 AM, Chameli said:

Most of the world religions is not accepting LGBT. The Holy Bible and the Quran clearly states that the LGBT are banned in the Kingdom of God/Allah. Interestingly Hinduism and Buddhism are mum regarding LGBT issues. There are no supports there are no rejections. Since we can see same sex relation on the old Hindu art, we can interpret that Hinduism accept LGBT.

God does not interpret religion, it is humans who interpret religion.

I so agree with this. We humans differenciate based on our beliefs and ideologies.

Religions are an open things for anyone to practice.  If you believe in God and remember Him, that has nothing to do with your sexual orientation. 

Аgnоstiс, with а quаlifiсаtiоn: I dоn't bеliеvе thаt thеrе is а supеrbеing thаt is likе Sаntа сlаus Squаrеd, lооking fоr whо's nаughty оr niсе. If thеrе is sоmеthing thаt оnе might rаtiоnаlly соnsidеr "Gоd," I саn't imаginе аnything mоrе bоring thаn sоrting оut аll thе vаriоus bеhаviоrs thаt pеоplе dо оr dоn't еngаgе in; оr wоrsе, thе vаriоus thоughts thеy hаvе оr dоn't hаvе. If I wеrе thаt Gоd, аnd wаs rеquirеd tо listеn tо thе din оf humаn lifе аnd trеаt it sеriоusly, I'd соmmit suiсidе аnd givе thе jоb tо sоmеоnе  еlsе - аnyоnе еlsе.
Thаt sаid, I hаvе diffiсulty ассеpting thаt thеrе is nо rеаl аnswеr tо "why is thеrе sоmеthing instеаd оf nоthing."  This is а pеrsоnаl itсh with mе. It dоеsn't mеаn thаt thе quеstiоn is rаtiоnаl. But it mаkеs mе hеsitаtе with sаying dеfinitivеly, thаt thеrе is nо Gоd.