We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

romy

How many hours of sleep do you need?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Jemina said:

I'm a bit of an insomniac so I don't sleep for as much time as I'd really like to. Typically I tend to get 3-4 hours a night and I can just about function on that but I definitely feel better if I can manage to get more than that. Around 6 hours is generally better for me. If I sleep too much I seem to struggle to function well too. 

I've had times in my life where insomnia has crept in...it's awful. Being so tired but just not being able to get to sleep is terrible. I found that it was the worst for me at times in life where I had a lot of stress. I do think that I've learned to manage that better but I do still sometimes struggle with sleep when I just have a lot on my mind.

I am a night owl, but I really need to stop staying up so late.  It is beginning to really disrupt the rest of my life.  The past few days, I've done nothing but sleep.  I love it, but after sleeping too long, I just can't get up.  It's like the more I sleep, the more tired I become.

I think if I get seven or eight hours, I am good.  Any less is not enough, but once I get past eight, it is a dangerous thing for me.  Alarms generally do not work well for me either.  They rarely wake me up.  I actually need a person to get me to wake up or I'll sleep right through.

Infаnts - 16 hоurs
Prеsсhооlеrs - 11 hоurs
сhildrеn - 10 hоurs
Tееnаgеrs - 9 hоurs
аdults - 7-8 hоurs.

I think wе hаvе tо соmе tо grips with thе idеа thаt slееp nееds аrе аn individuаl thing. Sоmе pеоplе nееd а lоt mоrе thаn оthеrs.
Fоr еxаmplе: I tеnd tо hit а swееt spоt аt аrоund 6.5 tо 7 hоurs оf slееp (if I'm nоt аlrеаdy tirеd frоm gеtting а bаd night's slееp...whiсh I оftеn аm). Mоrе thаn thаt, аnd I stаrt tо fееl а littlе sluggish аftеr slееp. My twin sistеr, оn thе оthеr hаnd, nееds а minimum оf 8 hоurs а night аnd prеfеrаbly gеts 9. This lеvеl оf slееp lеаvеs hеr rеfrеshеd аnd еnеrgizеd.

I have long forgotten the ideal 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Rather I grab whatever I can. Sometines 5 sometimes 7 after 48 hours!

My body has just gotten used to random patterns. function just fine as long as I sleep atleast 7 hours in 48 hours.

I find myself only needing 5-6 hours of sleep as I get older.  In the past I needed at least 6-8 hrs. I wake up feeling refreshed after this amount of sleep compared to before, if  I didn't get 6-8 hrs. in the past I would wake up terribly mean, grouchy, and absolutely not pleasant to be around at all. Especially if I didn't have my coffee also.. 

I have an interesting change over here... I think that now depends on how many days I sleep certain amount of hours, I've been sleeping around 4-5 hours lately and on the firsts two days I'm okay but then I start getting really tired and it's basically hard for me to do anything.

Enviado desde mi iPod touch utilizando GirlLoveGirl

I generally sleep at 11 and I get up sharp at 5 because I don't want to skip my regular workouts at 5.30. I think quality sleep is more important than how long you sleep. If you don't have a healthy sleep even a 10 hour's sleep is not sufficient but if you get a sound sleep a 6-8 hour's sleep is fine. However, sleep is specific body demand which is different for different persons.

19 hours ago, Mika said:

I think quality sleep is more important than how long you sleep. If you don't have a healthy sleep even a 10 hour's sleep is not sufficient but if you get a sound sleep a 6-8 hour's sleep is fine.

This is exactly right. My sleep is always low quality. I wake up a lot in the mid sleep, I think I have sleep apnea which I often got headache when I wake up, I sleep at the very wrong timing, etc. No matter how many hours I sleep, it's never going to be enough due to the low sleep quality.

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

Same with most people here. Sleeping is the best way to rest especially after a long tiring day so I tend to sleep as long as I can everyday. Normally 8-9 hours of sleep will let me have the energy for the next day. If I don't have enough sleep (like less than 4 hours of sleep), I won't be able to do my work properly as I will feel lazy and dizzy the entire day :(