We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roberta

Will саrdiо еxеrсisе hеlp if I аm siсk with а соld?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I аm siсk with sоmе kind оf соld.  
Will саrdiо еxеrсisе hеlp mе fееl bеttеr quiсkеr? Whаt еlsе will?

Cardio exercise can help keep someone relatively healthy, but I don't know if it will make someone feel better when they are suffering from a cold. I am assuming that your cold is mild since you're considering cardio exercise. I would try to get some exercise in, but I wouldn't make it too intense. If you are doing vigorous cardio exercise, it might cause you to cough a bit more and result in you feeling worse than you did. From what my doctors have told me in the past, resting is the best thing you can do while sick. It's also important to get plenty of water and vegetables into your body. What's going into your body plays a huge role in how you feel. Personally, I would avoid the cardio exercise and start to incorporate it after my sickness dies down.

Are you sure you can do cardio exercise when you are sick with cold? *I suggest you to take rest, get well and once you have recovered you can go with cardio exercise.  Cardio exercise needs a lot of energy as it is involved with sweating out and making your heart beat faster and breathing heavy.

You can treat your cold with hot lemonade.

I believe it is against recommendations to exercise while having a cold, or illness of any type.  You don't want bacteria or a virus to travel and infect other tissues in your body, which is possible if you are exercising.  I think it is best to simply wait until you are recovered, then you can make up for lost time, I suppose.  You should wait until you feel better. 

I definitely wouldn't overdo it - I know when I've had colds in the past and tried to carry on like normal I ended up getting even sicker! I would recommend just letting your body rest- eat some nourishing food and get as much rest as possible!

When you have a cold, your body needs rest and lots of fluids. I wouldn't do much exercise (especially if it's a bad cold). Instead, take it easy and drink plenty of water. I especially wouldn't go out in public to exercise (a gym, for example). You wouldn't want to get other people sick.

I hope you feel better soon!

You should not work out or do any kind of hard work when you are not feeling well physically or mentally. Instead you will have to take rest and drink as much fluids as you can. Sometimes during stress and anxiety working out can do wonders, however, exercise will never help you when you are sick. However, you may practice yoga and meditation. Some yoga postures actually relaxes your body and mind.

Thеrе is prоbаbly nо еvidеnсе thаt it will hеlp аmеliоrаtе yоur соld.  Thе quеstiоn thаt аrisеs is frеquеntly is whеthеr yоu nееd tо аvоid саrdiо еxеrisе аnd trаining whilе suffеring frоm а соld оr similаr illnеss.
This is а vеry соntrоvеrsiаl quеstiоn аmоng dосtоrs, whiсh hаs асtuаlly rаrеly bееn studiеd еmpiriсаlly.

I agree with most of the comments. It would be better to take a rest if you have colds or whenever you feel sick. I do cardio exercises everyday but rest for a few days when I had coughs since I know it will worsen it, and I don't think that it's adviceable to do some heavy exercises when you are sick, even if it's just colds. So it's recommended to just take a rest and proceed with the exercise once you feel better :)

While having cold you need to rest and not exercise. However, getting some fresh air can help you feel better.

Have warm liquids like soup or tea. Have fresh fruits and plenty of water. Get well soon😊