We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roberta

Whаt is thе mоst vаluаblе fооd? 

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Whаt is thе mоst vаluаblе fооd? Whаt dо yоu think?

Valuable in terms of nutrition content? Or valuable as in cost? The first thing that came to mind was the spice saffron...which is super expensive if we're basing it on weight!

As for most valuable from a nutrition standpoint, maybe salmon? Lots of healthy omega 3s and things like that...protein...and it's very good for you!

I think the most valuable food in terms of nutrition and health benefits is fish(of all kinds). Fish has plenty of oils, which contain omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 is said to cure cancer conditions.  Eating fish is also related to healthy heart. Fish also promotes longevity.

Potatoes! If anyone has watched The Martian, where Matt Damon's character grows potatoes on Mars to survive, it's pretty much true that you could live on them, and people have in fact. The all potato diet was even quite popular again last year, and a lot of people dramatically improved their weight, cholesterol, blood pressure - the whole works. People tend to think of a potato as just starch, but it's actually a good source of both protein and fat too. If humans have a 'food', like parrots and cows and dogs and fish have a 'food', the closest thing to it is potatoes. I went on a potato cleanse for a week earlier this year and I lost 4 pounds! I felt fantastic as well, so I'd highly recommend this for anyone stuck on a weight plateau or needing to reduce their cholesterol or pressure. 

You need carbohydrate, protein, fats, minerals for you body. Therefore, you need to eat all kinds of food. Eating just one food will result in nutrition deficiency.   However, given a choice of just one food, I will choose potato. It is rich with carbohydrate and minerals. It is also high calorie food. 

I'm not really sure about this one, I didn't really understand the question but I have to agree with the majority of people who commented this post, I think that fish is one of the main valuable meals, it's not that expensive and it has a lot of things on it that are good for you, and it's actually a go to for people who don't really eat meat.

Did yоu mеаn mоst еxpеnsivе fооd оr mоst hеаlthiеr fооd?
Hеrе i аm suggеsting tоp fivе fооds соnsidеrеd tо bе thе mоst hеаlthy, 
аpplе: аpplеs аrе thе bеst sоurсе оf аntiоxidаnts, whiсh соmbаt frее rаdiсаls. Thеsе аntiоxidаnts  prоhibit  thе оxidаtiоn оf оthеr mоlесulеs in thе bоdy.
аlmоnds: аlmоnds аrе riсh in nutriеnts, inсluding mаgnеsium, vitаmin е, irоn, саlсium, fibеr, аnd ribоflаvin. 
Brоссоli : Brоссоli is riсh in fibеr, саlсium, pоtаssium, fоlаtе аnd phytоnutriеnts. Phytоnutriеnts аrе соmpоunds whiсh rеduсе thе risk оf dеvеlоping hеаrt disеаsе, diаbеtеs аnd sоmе саnсеrs. Brоссоli аlsо соntаins vitаmin с, аs wеll аs bеtа-саrоtеnе, аn аntiоxidаnt.
Bluеbеrriеs : Bluеbеrriеs аrе riсh in fibеr, аntiоxidаnts аnd phytоnutriеnts. Phytоnutriеnts аrе nаturаl сhеmiсаls fоund in plаnts.
оily fish : оily fish аrе riсh in оmеgа-3 fаtty асids
Intаkе оf thеsе fооds will mаkе yоu mоrе hеаlthy.

I am thinking with different point of view for most important food for us. In my views, a heavy breakfast is the most important food for everyone because you eat it after a gap of almost 10-12 hours. Just think of the time gap you had your last food at dinner time and the time you take your breakfast.

A heavy breakfast consisting of all ingredients according to your body needs like fat, vitamins, minerals and carbohydrates is must.  A heavy breakfast for people like me who has to spend a lot of time in field is more important because I can do with snacks or salads and juice in case I find no time for a proper lunch.  

My answer would be a balanced diet.  That is the most valuable food. 

For all the right reasons a balanced diet is a complete nutrient packed meal and that is what we need but lack unfortunately. 

Gold.

I heard there's this pizza you can order that has golden flakes as topping. 

I'm not sure about nutritional values,but I'd say the most valuable food just has to be this one!