Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

romy

Smoking

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

I used to smoke when I was younger, but now the smell just makes me want to be sick!

Does anyone here smoke? Have you tried quitting?

If you've mananged to quit, what strategies worked best for you?

I used to smoke, but I never got addicted to it. I stopped smoking in 2010 but I just stopped since I don't want to spend money buying cigarettes anymore. I think if you start to have cravings then try replacing it with food.

2 hours ago, shanelle said:

I used to smoke, but I never got addicted to it. I stopped smoking in 2010 but I just stopped since I don't want to spend money buying cigarettes anymore. I think if you start to have cravings then try replacing it with food.

It does really end up as a very expensive habit - it's another great reason to quit like you said, for the financial savings!

I used to make a cup of tea every time I was craving a cigarette - it took my focus off it for a while :)

Have you tried e-cigs? My brother was on them for a while, but he eventually got back to smoking cigarettes again. I guess it's not very effective if you are a chainsmoker.

Edited by shanelle

2 hours ago, shanelle said:

Have you tried e-cigs? My brother was on them for a while, but he eventually got back to smoking cigarettes again. I guess it's not very effective if you are a chainsmoker.

I had a friend who tried them actually, but she ended up going back to cigarettes. I think the whole vaping thing is gaining some momentum here with people trying to quit. I don't know all the dangers though of vaping, I've heard there are some negative health impacts to that too and I don't think it's really been researched all that much.

I smoke since I was 17, now I am 21 and I'm still kind of looking up to quit. But now I'm in a better position, I guess. I think that it's not soemthing that it's necessarily affecting me since I only smoke 3 cigarettes per week as a maximum. But you know, it's still a really bad (and to be honest, really disgusting) habit. Maybe when I get a little bit older I would cut it for good, but for now I'm okay with it.

I managed to quit a few years ago and I'm sooo relieved! 

I never judge people who smoke, because I was doing it myself.. but I do encourage everyone to quit if they want to. 

Bad habits will be bad habits no matter who says what! Lol. Smoking is bad since it gives only harmful effect to our health and pockets too. Moreover, it also causes discomfort in a social circle and the fact that is addictive makes it a serious problem. The sooner you quit the better.

I know that some people just wake up one day and decide  to quit smoking for good and this lot never goes back to smoking. Sheer willpower for right reasons.

Therare others who seek alternatives like e-ciggaratte  and chewing gums that might help de-addict slowly.

On 17.10.2016 at 2:25 AM, romy said:

I used to smoke when I was younger, but now the smell just makes me want to be sick!

Does anyone here smoke? Have you tried quitting?

If you've mananged to quit, what strategies worked best for you?

I'd likе tо shаrе my stоry. Frоm thе mоmеnt I dесidеd tо vаpе, I quit аlmоst instаntly. Surе, niсоtinе gum, оr niсоtinе pаtсhеs mаy bе еvеn hеаlthiеr thаn е-сigаrеttеs, but I саn't sаy fоr surе if thеy'll bе mоrе еffесtivе in tеrms оf hеlping yоu wаnt tо аbstаin frоm smоking сigаrеttеs.
Vаping fоllоws thе psyсhоsоmаtiс асtiоn оf smоking. Yоu inhаlе, аnd еxhаlе а plumе thаt lооks similаr (thоugh it dеfinitеly smеlls mоrе plеаsаnt) tо а сigаrеttе. Thе асtiоn оf drаwing vаpоr frоm а vаpоrizеr is аlmоst thе sаmе, thоugh yоu mаy еvеntuаlly switсh tо dirесt lung hits instеаd оf thе trаditiоnаl mоuth-tо-lung stylе usеd whеn smоking.
I саnnоt strеss hоw vаpоrizеrs hаvе сhаngеd my lifе, аnd hоw lоvеly thе соmmunity оf vаpеrs оut thеrе stiсk tоgеthеr аnd hеlp еасh оthеr thrоugh this.
Hоpе this hеlps.

I smoked 2 years between 16 and 18 years old. Stopped. Smoked again between 20 and 22 and stopped again, and that was it. I will never smoke again because that is a disgusting habit, bad to my health and to those around me. My technique to quit was that because I had respiratory infections haha. :boast:

Glad you managed to quit @Alexa. :)