Join our first ever forum contest here:565_rainbow:

romy

Smoking

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Think positive, think positive! :) Both times I quit smoking what I though was that I've made a big effort in the previous days, so I would not lose all of that effort because of a sudden wish of smoking. So I just put that wish aside and kept on building on everything I did, the next day is always one day more than the previous one. ;)

Worked for me!

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

@Alexa I was wondering if there's any harm caused by vaping? I see an ads in cinema recently, they seem to promote a lot about vape

@to7update I am glad that you quit too. My dad is a smoker for 40 years, my dad and mom argue quite frequently because of smoking issue alone. I understand why my mom is that upset/angry. Smokers may have not thought of the health of their family members as well as our worries for their health. Secondly, the post-smoking smell actually smells disgusting (sorry, smokers) - it smells very different from the smoke itself. Smokers may not realised, but the person who talks to them can definitely smell it through smokers' breath. :/

:339_snowflake::341_snowman2::342_snowman::436_snowboarder::279_christmas_tree:

2 hours ago, SElf said:

@Alexa I was wondering if there's any harm caused by vaping? I see an ads in cinema recently, they seem to promote a lot about vape

Whаt I саn sаy is thаt sinсе I stаrtеd vаping , my оvеrаll hеаlth соnditiоn imprоvеd drаmаtiсаlly within thе first соuplе оf mоnths. Thоusаnds оf оthеr vаpеrs wоuld sаy thе sаmе thing. If yоu'rе аsking whеthеr vаping is bаd fоr yоur hеаlth (соmpаrеd tо smоking), thе аnswеr is nо.

9 hours ago, SElf said:

@to7update I am glad that you quit too. My dad is a smoker for 40 years, my dad and mom argue quite frequently because of smoking issue alone. I understand why my mom is that upset/angry. Smokers may have not thought of the health of their family members as well as our worries for their health. Secondly, the post-smoking smell actually smells disgusting (sorry, smokers) - it smells very different from the smoke itself. Smokers may not realised, but the person who talks to them can definitely smell it through smokers' breath. :/

Yep, everything you say is true, and I've had issues in my childhood because of that. My dad has always been a smoker and when I was a kid I had to go to the hospital because I could not breathe, and not even that made him stop smoking, at least around the house. :(

Still today he smokes in front of my mother, and he proudly says he is just going to quit when he is 120 years old...!! Quite insane!!!  :788_wheel_of_dharma:

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

Same, I used to smoke heavily when I was younger but I have given up totally almost 10 years before. I am not missing anything but finding it helpful for my health. Besides health the other benefits like I can concentrate better on my work because I used to go out to smoke in every 20-30 minutes. And to add to overall benefit, the saving I have done during these 10+ years must be another positive factor.  

My god father was a heavy smoker and drinker. One day his heart stopped beating and doctor almost thought he was dead. He "came back alive" and stopped smoking right away. I hope this is not the kind of "motivation" people need in order to stop smoking. :P

:339_snowflake::341_snowman2::342_snowman::436_snowboarder::279_christmas_tree:

14 hours ago, SElf said:

My god father was a heavy smoker and drinker. One day his heart stopped beating and doctor almost thought he was dead. He "came back alive" and stopped smoking right away. I hope this is not the kind of "motivation" people need in order to stop smoking. :P

In my case my motivation was my beloved daughter. She said, 'choose one of us, cigarette or me'. Do you think I had any choice left :)   

I am always so happy to learn about other people managing to quit!

I quit cold turkey, no nicotine gum, no patches or electronic cigarettes. I just decided I wanted to quit so one day I just did. 

However I did face 1 problem in my relationship: my bf. was a smoker and just couldn't get to the point where he could actually quit. The smell was bad, but the kissing was worse :( I guess this is a common problem with having a partner who smokes, when you don't.