We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

romy

Meal Planning

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

One thing that I need to get better at when it comes to healthy eating is meal planning. I think when I don't have an idea of what to cook, it becomes so much easier to turn to junk foods or takeout.

Do you meal plan? Do you have any go-to favorites you like to cook that are healthy?

100% agree with you, Romy!  When I have got no idea what to cook, I tend to order takeaway food, which is really really bad because I am in my progress resuming my healthy weight loss plan (I am so much overweight) after resting a year due to slipped disk.

The best I could do is to plan my meal one day ahead. But I am not a good cook, sometimes I lost appetite by just looking at what I cook. :D So I ended up cooking the same food (that I can cook well) most of the time or ordering takeaways.

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

I've been trying to get into using my slow cooker more and more since the weather is cooling down here now. I find that it's easier to make yummy meals in there, because all the flavors seem to really come together well after cooking for a long time! :)

We are making a chicken tikka masala slow cooker dish this weekend - it smells really yummy simmering away!

I don't! And it's mostly because I still live with my parents and my mom makes all the cooking thingies, so I don't really get to choose what am I going to eat one day. But I have a sort of plan when I go out, I spend most of my time on school and that's where I can choose, and I'm not going to say that's a necessarily healthy plan, but it's the best that I can do, I guess. 

I am a meal planner and no, it doesn't necessarily have to be healthy. Infact, I focus on variety rather than calories.  I know its important to be careful about calories too but I end up with choices of meals as per my vegetable stock.

I cook all three meals and while they may be not the healthiest they are definitely of different varieties so that it is almost a balanced diet.