We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

SElf

Do you believe in Gaydar?

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Sometimes I can tell is someone's LGBT, other times it's difficult to understand. 

What I'm saying is, I do believe in the gaydar! I just don't think it's wise to always rely on it :D

On 3/29/2017 at 1:23 PM, LibbyGirl said:

At least, I can't rely on it. Ever. 

Me neither really. My nonexistent gaydar is probably also more likely just "what ifs" instead of actually sensing someone's sexual orientation.

I kept saying how I needed you,

but you needed me more

I think, often times, the 'gaydar' can turn out to be just as offensive as stereotyping. LGBT people are stereotypes by the straight, if we start stereotyping too, well... where will that lead us? So, I prefer not to jump to conclusions before actually knowing the person.

I think Lilac89 has a point. I've never thought of it this before, but I guess stereotyping can be done the other way around too :D hahah! 

On 3/29/2017 at 0:23 PM, LibbyGirl said:

I used to think feminine men were gay, but after embarrassing myself a couple of times (and asking for forgiveness for the confusion..) I decided gaydar is not a thing!

Hahah!! This is so funny! 

I don't think this ever happened to me but if it did, I'm sure I'd also feel super-embarrassed! 

Ok, so, a few days ago I had lunch with my class mates and one of them invited a friend. We all met, sat down and well, started talking, right? I swear, I instantly knew this guy was gay from the moment we shook hands! Yet, he kept on avoiding the subject and kept acting all 'macho' whenever girls passed near our table.

So, ok, lunch was over and he went on his way, my colleagues and I went our way. And I was right! The girl who invited him to have lunch with us told us he is in fact gay, but closeted.

I don't know if I have an active gaydar or not, but at least this time I was spot on! 

My sister have an excellent gaydar for men. I don't have that talent XP

Enviado desde mi Moto G Play mediante Tapatalk