We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

SElf

Will you adopt?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I was thinking since my GF and I both are not very into having kids, I was wondering how many of you (as part of the LGBT community) would want to adopt children?

According to this article, same-sex couple child adoption is now 1 in 10 in England (for year 2016). :)

...adoptions by same-sex couples accounted for 1 in 10 (9.6 per cent) of all adoptions in England in 2016. This was a rise from 8.4 per cent in 2015. These figures show that adoptions by same-sex couples have reached their highest ever proportion of all adoptions in a year. The total number of adoptions by same-sex couples remained static at 450, but with the total number of adoptions falling by 670 in 2016, this means the proportion of adoptions by same-sex couples has increased...

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

14_289146.png

I would love to adopt a little girl to raise in a warm loving home. It sounds like a good idea to me.

LATER SIS

LOVING TRANS LADY

I don't know to be honest.  There is a part me that says yes.  But then I realize at my age it may not be such a good idea.  It would have to be something I would have to give a lot thought.

Those are great news, I wish you both the best luck!
I can't say something definitive because life is usually really crazy and we don't know what's going to happen but at this point of my life I don't really see myself raising kids at all... I don't feel like a father and I seriously doubt that one day I would be able to identify myself with that label.
I think that for today that just seems to be a big one filled with a lot of responsibilities and I think that I'm not ready for them at this point.

Enviado desde mi iPod touch utilizando GirlLoveGirl

I always used to say I would never want kids, I was never a warm fuzzy person, kids like me, don't get me wrong, but I always felt I was sure about not wanting them.

Lately though, many of my former classmates have already started families and, well... I still don't want kids but I think, maybe, someday, when the right girl comes along, I might change my mind.

So, adoption is definitely something I might take into consideration. Someday. Not now. I still have plenty of time to decide.

Me and my GF? You may have read it wrongly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, yes, I read wrongly, lol. Sorry! Well, good luck anyways!

Since I play the female part in the relationship, I have motherhood instincts. Having biological child is my preference. I would go for invitro fertilization or artificial insemination,  which one is applicable, and have a child. If having a child is not possible biologically, I will then consider adoption. It it better to have an adopted child instead of being childless.

I think it is individual preferances. I would anytime prefer a biological child to adopted one but then it varies for everyone.

It Is better to have a child than none like @luri said.

I know a number of people in my country mostly celebrity are adopting kids. Most of these celebrities are in their 40s and unmarried. They give different reasons for adopting these kids but I feel that the reason behind their adoption is nothing but a desire of becoming a mother in their subconscious. Most of these female celebrities hide their relationship status but after all they are women with a loving  heart.