Join our first ever forum contest here:565_rainbow:

sarahc

Do you find it difficult to hide a relationship?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

From a scale from 1 to 10, how difficult would you say it is to hide a serious relationship? 

I find this to be one big issue when it comes to gay relationships. When either 1 or both partners are still in the closet, do you think hiding the romance a great deal or a necessary sacrifice that doesn't bother you that much? 

I would say 6, not too difficult. I think for girls, it's a little easier to hide our relationship because we can easily appear to be "good friends" or "best friends". Maybe it's a little tougher for gay guys who want to hide their relationship.

:339_snowflake::341_snowman2::342_snowman::436_snowboarder::279_christmas_tree:

It's not too difficult but I'd say 9, since I'm not willing to hide.

Edited by DeeRaw

21 hours ago, SElf said:

Maybe it's a little tougher for gay guys who want to hide their relationship.

I agree with this 100%! 

Women can hold hands, play with eachothers hair or do whatever it is that couples usually do and "get away with it"... I should know, I did exactly this with my ex. She wasn't comfortable telling people so we hid it from many. It was an effort, can't say it was easy, but it wasn't THAT awful, to be honest. 

I've experienced this but not with the same gender. Hiding your relationship from everyone can be very difficult, and it really is. You don't really have the freedom to do whatever you want and you should always be aware with your surroundings the entire time afraid that someone you know might see you together. So I think I'll scale it as 9.

You can off course hide your relationship, however, you cannot hide for too long. For the people, who have not come out and are still living in the closet, they would not want to disclose about their relationship. But can they for a long time? 

On the rating scale of 1 to 10. I will give 3 for the difficulty to hide a relationship

I think it could be tougher on guys especially since the world is more skeptical of male best friends than female best friends. The ratng shoukd be around 7 in my opinion. 

It depends on the reasons to hide it. If I am really into hiding I am saying a 4 because I have a strong motivation to do it, but if I don't see a reason to hide the relationship it has to be a 10 because I would just like to speak out loud to everyone and that would be consuming me. :alcoholic:

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

I'd rate it at a 6. I have to hide my current relationship from my parents because they don't know that I'm bi and dating a woman. And it's long distance too, so it means having discreet phone calls on Facetime without them noticing too much. But it's a necessary sacrifice which thankfully my girlfriend is fine with. At least her family knows she's gay and they're cool with it, so at least we don't have to hide with them. But sometimes it does suck not being able to tell everyone I know how madly in love I am with my girl (:

There is one silver lining to a secret relationship which I can think of though. When a lot of people don't know you're dating someone, you're free to explore the relationship and see where it goes first without your friends and family butting in and killing your romantic buzz XD

I've never had to hide a relationship, but then again, I've only dated boys.

I've never given this much thought, what if I date a girl? I don't know if I would hide it, maybe I wouldn't go very public with a new lesbian relationship at first, but if it gets serious, I think I'd tell my parents about it... 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor