Join our first ever forum contest here:565_rainbow:

luri

Can you be friend with someone who dislikes LGBT

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

OK, so I got that right like you are saying @Anna. That is kids stuff, touching inappropriately, from teenagers, because when we have a certain age that is totally inadequate and we should simply respect each others. It's a form of abuse really.

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

I think you can be friends, but there will always be a limit placed on the closeness of that relationship.

I used to be fairly good online friends with a conservative Christian who believed homosexuality was a sin.  He was a "hate the sin, love the sinner type".  We could have civil discussions about it, and we had common interests in other things, like geeking out over The Lord of the Rings.  At some point or other we kind of just fell out of touch (not deliberately or anything).  I've idly thought about looking him up on Facebook, but I can't remember his last name.

That's the thing really, if we can debate our differences, great, if we have other stronger common interests, better, as that's the base of a relationship. Strong religious people are hard to accept gay people as they see being gay as something unnatural that doesn't assure the continuation of the species.

Technology has changed this last part though. :)

On 1/11/2017 at 3:24 PM, to7update said:

So maybe they do discuss that in front of you because they don't know you like girls? :newrussian:

Right now I'm not any sure why they do it - I remember clearly that I told those friends that I like girls last Saturday (just to clarify if they indeed had forgotten since I told them for the first time), but they were talking about disliking homosexual acts again just a couple of days ago. Again with the "I don't have anything against the people but I don't like the things they do in the bedroom" stuff. I just keep thinking like "As long as they don't actively hate on others, all is well" because I don't want to believe they're deliberately trying to make me feel bad. 

On 1/11/2017 at 4:05 PM, to7update said:

So your friends are touching you and it's something you don't want to? That's seems to be abuse or am I misunderstanding? :vinsent:

To be honest I'm unsure what counts as abuse, since what they do is just some random things like patting me on the head or back or wherever. Even though I try not to mind them doing that, just a few days ago I told them not to touch my back (I was having a hard time with a weird pet peeve of mine) but they probably thought that I'm just playing, and they did just what I didn't want to be done. Touching like that isn't always that much of a big deal to me, but it does make me irritated, especially when I've already told them not to.

14 hours ago, Anna said:

I can't help but wonder if these people think it's ok, just because you're not straight? People have the weirdest misconceptions when it comes to lesbians or gays.. 

Some of them might do, because I've heard that some people use "I'm not interested in (certain gender) so it's okay to touch them like this!" as an excuse for that. I think it's extremely dumb. Misconceptions confuse me.

I kept saying how I needed you,

but you needed me more

I am glad to see the touching is actually random and not a big deal @Lemonsky, but if you get irritated by that and they don't respect it, it's something it doesn't make sense in friends.

As for saying they don't like what they do in the room, that's plain low level and rude. Are you sure you want to be friends with those guys? :D

These can be some of the very best friends to have. Mutual respect is a must. People do not need to agree on all things, but they need to respect and love each other....

18 hours ago, Lemonsky said:

I don't have anything against the people but I don't like the things they do in the bedroom

This is one of the things I disliked when people said it. Including my sisters (used to). If they have nothing against the people, they wouldn't even say this kind of things.

Another type of person would be, they think you'll fall in love with them. I think they are overly confident, like as if they are our cup of tea :crazy:

:339_snowflake::341_snowman2::342_snowman::436_snowboarder::279_christmas_tree:

Haha, I love that type of people for laughs of course, because they are so sure of themselves, like if they are the  best and think everyone thinks highly of them, but in reality I could not care less lol. I like to appreciate the show for a while and that's it, as more of that is simply too much for me to handle. :beach:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor