Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

luri

Can you be friend with someone who dislikes LGBT

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lemonsky said:

Even though I have my suspicions about why they're saying that kind of stuff (I'm kind of paranoid), I still can't think of myself not being friends with them even though it might sound weird. We do have good times together often, even if there can be some unfortunate clashes of opinions sometimes. ^o^

No issues there, as we all have our fair share of being weird, or at least I do haha. :crazy:

Pretty much like we say that people should not put their nose between couples affairs, the same happens with friends, and I hate intrigues. So if you get along with them despite of that, just go for it, considering you're enjoying the ride. ;)

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

I am not anti-LGBT and I am straight, but I have friends who are anti-LGBT but it really isn't a big deal for me, for us. Just like what @luri said, we never actually talk about the things that would only cause disagreements. Most of the time we just talk about life, or anything under the sun. Even if friends have different perceptions towards things as long as they respect each others beliefs then I think there won't be any problems with that :)

On 1/26/2017 at 10:08 PM, JasminCottontail said:

we never actually talk about the things that would only cause disagreements.

That's actually a great thing. You're much more tolerable than I am with others. I admire that :)

I'm just not able to get passed certain differences, and I'm constantly afraid to walk on eggshells, what if the topic comes up and we have an argument or something? I really prefer to hang out with people who share, more or less, the same interests.

Well, being LGBT myself, I just can't imagine being close friends with someone who has something against lesbians. I can have a conversation with homophobics, I can work with them, share a cab... anything! I just can't become friends with them, that's all. 

On 4/15/2017 at 9:39 PM, sarahc said:

That's actually a great thing. You're much more tolerable than I am with others. I admire that :)

I'm just not able to get passed certain differences, and I'm constantly afraid to walk on eggshells, what if the topic comes up and we have an argument or something? I really prefer to hang out with people who share, more or less, the same interests.

If ever we discuss things in which we have different beliefs, I'll just simply state my point and stop if I feel that it will only end up with a debate or misunderstanding. I just don't want to make things big because I myself have a big temper LOL :D Yes I would also like to hang out with people whom I share with the same beliefs and interests. However, I don't choose friends and I literally talk to anyone :)

I'm pretty sure my husband now dislikes LGBT people :D LOL!! (maybe a bit too early to joke about it, but life goes on)

I really couldn't say if I can be friends with someone who dislikes the LGBT community or not. In the end, it's a question of compatibility, I don't think a friendship is worth compromising over something like this, except if it's a big deal to the other person and it's them who choose not to be friends with you anymore. 

Yeah I can be friends with them! I have a co-worker who always says things like "let's put poison on the food of LGBT people"

But besides that, he is a good co-worker hahaha

Enviado desde mi Moto G Play mediante Tapatalk

Yeah I can be friends with them! I have a co-worker who always says things like "let's put poison on the food of LGBT people"

But besides that, he is a good co-worker hahaha

Enviado desde mi Moto G Play mediante Tapatalk

Well tht is really harsh if ya ask me.. I can be friends with people like tht. But i would prefer they keep their opinions to themselves. Doesn't help anyone when someone isn't nice or at least respectful of your feelings..

Mendy's Mega Galaxy