Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

Chameli

Religion that is liberal to LGBT

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I take interest in religious study. Based on my readings of the scriptures from various religion, the only religion that is somewhat liberal towards LGBT is Hindu religion. In Hindu theologies, there are many LGBT characters. The Hindu religion even have LGBT deity. Interestingly, Hindu religion is divided on the acceptance of LGBT, in some places, it says LGBT should be accepted and in some places, it says LGBT must be defamed. 

Hey Chameli, this is interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I knоw thаt Еаstеrn rеligiоns (Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Jаinism) dоn't hаvе аnything аs сlеаr аs thе Оld Tеstаmеnt tо pоint tо, аnd аttitudеs tоwаrds hоmоsеxuаlity just аrеn't mаjоr pаrts оf thе rеligiоn.  Sоmе grоups will bе wеlсоming; оthеrs wоn't.

Edited by MariaJ

It pains me to hear how certain beliefs are so different than others and actually hurt people in the long run. 

I'm sorry for saying this, but I think religion blinds people too much. I understand faith, but I don't believe one religion is better than the next. And seeing how some are liberal with LGBT issues and some are not, it just confuses me even more. 

Some argue that Christianity is liberal, some argue it's not. What's the truth, in the end? I get so confused by these things, it's really difficult to keep the faith when everything becomes confusing.