Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

Anna

Silly questions people ask about LGBT

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

If i say i'm into girls to somebody... people normally say don't talk crap... no one seems to believe it enough to ask further questions

Sent from my iPhone using GirlLoveGirl

That's why we have the saying, why the truth you deceive me, but if we think about it there is really no need to deceive anyone, as we just need to be ourselves regardless of what others thing, life is just too short! :)

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

Some of the silly questions were already mentioned by others, so I'll present to you the one question I've been asked and never know what to reply: How do you DO it? 

You know what the weird part is? That people who have asked me this, I'm not even close to them! Like, omg, intimate friends don't ask me such intimate questions, but strangers don't seem to shy away from it! :'D

" - Person: should I refer to you as a he or a she?

- Me: he, please.

- Person: *makes a mistake* OHMYGODIMSORRY!! I'm so so so sorry, hey dude sorry, sometimes is difficult to interact with you, I don't know how to treat you."

"*random person uses "it" as a pronoun to refer to me*"

"So, your ex boyfriend is gay but he is only gay when it comes to gender, not sex, right?"

5 hours ago, Laneorexorcist said:

I don't know how to treat you

OMG, people actually say this? I know many are thinking it, but saying it to someone's face, wow! :'D I'm sure it's annoying when you have to deal with it yourself, but come on, how do you "treat" a person if not.. like a person? 

OMG, people actually say this? I know many are thinking it, but saying it to someone's face, wow! :'D I'm sure it's annoying when you have to deal with it yourself, but come on, how do you "treat" a person if not.. like a person? 

I know, right? I've never felt so out of place like that time... But it's something that a lot of us have to deal with, and the best thing that we can to is to inform them correctly so that won't happen again with another person!

Interesting to read many silly questions people say/ask about LGBT people! And I think trans people probably received the most ridiculous questions ever. @Laneorexorcist I hope you're now got used to what those people said to you. :/ 

On 04/01/2017 at 9:50 PM, shecallmeAlex said:

If i say i'm into girls to somebody... people normally say don't talk crap... no one seems to believe it enough to ask further questions

And sometimes this is accompanied by "you don't look like a lesbian/bi at all". >.> 

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

14_289146.png

There are people out there that ask something like "Why do you hate men?" just the moment a woman mentions they're into other women. Gladly I haven't personally met any yet, but sometimes I come across comments like that on the internet. I just find it super weird that someone can take the sexuality of a lesbian as a personal attack.

This isn't a question but just as frustrating to hear from anybody; all kinds of comments relating to 'being able to change one's sexuality'.

I kept saying how I needed you,

but you needed me more

Reading these is both funny and sad at the same time (:

Ready to hear mine?Here goes:

One day, I told a guy at work that I'm not interested in dating other guys, because I have a girlfriend. After the few moments it took him to 'wake up' from the shock, he actually asked me if we used contraceptives. 

What kind of a question is that? :'D

On 29.01.2017 at 0:46 PM, Lilac89 said:

Reading these is both funny and sad at the same time (:

Ready to hear mine?Here goes:

One day, I told a guy at work that I'm not interested in dating other guys, because I have a girlfriend. After the few moments it took him to 'wake up' from the shock, he actually asked me if we used contraceptives. 

What kind of a question is that? :'D

Lol. Maybe it was his subtle way to ask " ‘Do you have sex with men? " which is another silly question people keep ask.