Join our first ever forum contest here:565_rainbow:

SElf

How do I tell her? [split]

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Hi @Snapplelinz, welcome and great to see you joining us! ;) Feel free to check out other discussions and make friends around :) 

3 hours ago, Snapplelinz said:

I was going crazy with liking her too much and wanted to clear the air so I could still be her friend, but move on from my romantic feelings. In a surprising twist of fate, she liked me back and we've been dating for close to a year now

And I definitely like what happened here! I guess I can understand your feelings here. Something similar happened to me when I confessed just to clear my mind (a long story behind this) but that actually makes her like me back and now we are 5.5 years together. ^o^ 

:339_snowflake::341_snowman2::342_snowman::436_snowboarder::279_christmas_tree:

Thanks for the warm welcome, SElf :grin: Damn 5.5 years together - go you! Obviously, this doesn't mean I'm advocating that everyone should go ahead and confess to the person they like right now *rotfl* My problem was always that I was a hopeless romantic and just thought confessing to almost everyone I liked in the past was a good idea :P I guess it comes down to timing at the end of the day and being comfortable enough in your own skin to let someone else into your life. That's usually when an epic romance is about to begin :)

5 minutes ago, Snapplelinz said:

Obviously, this doesn't mean I'm advocating that everyone should go ahead and confess to the person they like right now *rotfl*

I know right! :P

I definitely agree that it's probably better to spend more time understanding the person before confessing, though timing is important as well. All I can say is:

“What's meant to be will always find a way” ― Trisha Yearwood :)

All true, SElf, all true. You can't go claiming true feelings if you haven't taken the time to get to know the other person. Trisha Yearwood is a very wise woman :innocent: If nothing else, Lindsey, you can chalk this down to 'experience' so you'll know what to do better the next time you like someone. I believe you will find someone totally amazing one day who just gets you and still loves you even when they already know just how crazy you really are ^o^"

Haha, nothing like those "twists" of faith to make things happen @Snapplelinz. I don't know if it would work out like that though, as if you liked someone how could you simply move on to being friends with her? I don't know if I can do it, but either cases congratulations on that twist. :)

5.5 years @SElf? :) Congrats! The best way to get loved back, is to love someone a lot. ;)

What about that long story about this? :)

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

10 hours ago, to7update said:

What about that long story about this? :)

Since you ask - if you come across one of my blog posts, you'll know. Be warned, it's a long and (probably) sad one. But I did mention how I ended up being with my current GF. :)

You make an excellent point, to7update, about my intentions behind confessing to my current girlfriend. Ultimately, it was pretty selfish, but I really believed that I could still go above and beyond in being a good platonic friend to her if she didn't return my feelings. I've been in that situation loads of times before and I've stayed friends with a few people I liked romantically, so I found a way to deal. I figured I could do that with my bae too :blush:

As for you, SElf, we often have to go on a long and arduous journey to find that one person we love a lot. I really hope you and your girl will stay together for a long time :778_heartbeat:

Sorry guys @to7update and @Snapplelinz, I have to split the topic because we are "off topic" from the original post made by @lindsey723214355 :) And I really want to continue the "off topic" conversation yet do not want to hijack @lindsey723214355's original topic, so let's continue here in the split topic. :) this is the official way to do it anyway, so nothing to worry ;) 

2 hours ago, Snapplelinz said:

As for you, SElf, we often have to go on a long and arduous journey to find that one person we love a lot. I really hope you and your girl will stay together for a long time :778_heartbeat:

Thank you :) And I like how you say it i.e. for a long time, because that's how I would say it too (instead of "forever" :P)

If you don't mind me asking, is your current GF your first GF?

2 hours ago, Snapplelinz said:

I've been in that situation loads of times before and I've stayed friends with a few people I liked romantically

Does that mean you've been through a lot of sadness/disappointment too? I know many people would rather not confess it so that they won't hurt themselves. 

17 hours ago, Snapplelinz said:

You make an excellent point, to7update, about my intentions behind confessing to my current girlfriend. Ultimately, it was pretty selfish, but I really believed that I could still go above and beyond in being a good platonic friend to her if she didn't return my feelings. I've been in that situation loads of times before and I've stayed friends with a few people I liked romantically, so I found a way to deal. I figured I could do that with my bae too :blush:

I don't think it was pretty selfish really, as we have to make our emotions clear before it's too late. I've had my heart broken in the past because I allowed a friendship to go to far ahead, and when I thought it was too much and I expressed my true feelings I got my heart broken. :alcoholic: So we need to speak our hearts out as soon as possible! :neo:

On 08/01/2017 at 4:11 AM, SElf said:

Since you ask - if you come across one of my blog posts, you'll know. Be warned, it's a long and (probably) sad one. But I did mention how I ended up being with my current GF. :)

Found that blog post, it seems that you have been through a lot with your former GF, but hey, that allowed you to met your current GF, so sometimes nothing like leaving something in the past to start something better for the present and the future. :)

I don't think you have to feel any guilt or remorse about what happened, as each one makes their choices based on a lot more complicated things than just ourselves. It was her choice and you had nothing to do with it. At least that's how I see it.

Sorry about the double post, this thread got confusing!