We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

redpanda

Recipe thread

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

The vegan/vegetarian discussion got me thinking...why not have a thread for us to share recipes? They don't have to be vegetarian or anything. I'd love to see some healthy recipes but any recipes are welcome! I don't have many myself because I don't really write measurements down. But here is a basic peanut sauce, just keep in mind that the measurements are approximate and should be adjusted to taste :).

Ingredients: peanut butter, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, hot sesame oil, red pepper flakes

Mix 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter with 1/4 warm water. Once blended, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of hot sesame oil (found at most Asian markets). Mix well and add red pepper flakes to taste. Adjust the ratios as needed. You don't need to heat the sauce up, I just throw it in a stir fry towards the end. For a mild version of this sauce, use regular sesame oil instead of hot sesame oil and leave out the red pepper.

I love this idea! I was just talking about wanting to become a vegan and being able to get/ share recipes with everyone. And being newly vegan I think this would help me out a lot! 

1. 215-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
  2. 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  3. 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
  4. 1/4teaspoon black pepper
  5. 12slices multigrain bread
  6. 1small red onion, thinly sliced
  7. 1cucumber, preferably hothouse (seedless), thinly sliced (peeled, if desired)
  8. 14- to 5-ounce container sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, broccoli, or a combination)
  9. 2avocados, pitted and thinly sliced

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
  2. Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface. Divide the mashed beans among them. Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado.
  3. Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
  4. Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.

My recipe is so so simple, but is so so good and it is one of my favorite desserts of all times!  I love me some Strawberry Shortcake and you don't feel quilty after you eat it!  I just take simple round vanilla circle individual cakes from the deli section in the grocery store and spray my Redi Whip Cool Whip and top it with 3 or 4 unfrozen strawberries to taste!  Ummm Ummm good and my favorite dessert is made and ready to eat that quick; no oven needed!

I have a good vegetarian dish.It is easy, as well as healthy.

Here is my recipe of rice pudding

ingredients (for two people)

Milk: 1 liter

Rice: 1/2 cup

Cashew, almonds, dates, pistachio : few, finely chopped

Butter: 2 table spoon

Sugar: 1/2 cup

Method:

heat milk in a sauce pan, when it boils, add rice butter and dry fruits and continue stirring. When it becomes thick add sugar. I takes almost 45 minutes to cook

Leftovers can be great way to plan next day meal. Just today I have made this from last nnight leftover salad.

Salad was a mix of shredded cabbage, onions, tomatoes, carrots and capsicum sprinkled with black salt.

Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and few curry leaves. Next add slitted cloves of garlic and add the salad. ( I added more shredded cabbage to it). Add a dash of salt, red chilli powder, little turmeric and a glass of water to cook the veggies well. Then, let it simmer to dry the extra water and result into dry veggie fry.

I can make soups and salads. I admit I'm not much of a cook, since my mom does all the cooking for the family.

However, I make a killer cream vegetable soup!

Just boil veggies in salted water (my favorite combination is cauliflower + broccoli + tomato sauce. Maybe + carrots) and when they boil, you just take the blender and blend them all with the water they boiled in (not all the water, just enough to make the soup creamy).

It's so good and easy to make! 

I didn't even know this thread existed! Thanks to much Libby, for reviving it :D

I'm not much of a cook myself, but I always love being inspired by new ideas :P It should come in handy if I ever find a girlfriend I need to impress :D hehe