We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

Anna

Tragedies being blamed on the gay community

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I hope this is the right place to put this topic, I just wanted to talk about it for a bit, since it bothers me so much!

Last year, after the earthquakes tragedy in Italy, I have read something very disturbing: one Italian priest blamed the tragedy on gay civil unions

This is not only outrageous, but absurd in so many ways! But that's not the point.

It's not the first time, you know, there were other tragedies LGBTs were blamed for (other earthquakes, hurricanes, the tsunami back in 2011!).  My point is, why do you think this happens? It just doesn't make any sense.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

I hope this is the right place to put this topic

Yes, you put in the right place. You can also put it under News and Politics section, but that's more of a general topics place and will probably get lesser attention. So anything you think related to non-support related LGBT topics, here's the right place. :) 

2 hours ago, Anna said:

It's not the first time, you know, there were other tragedies LGBTs were blamed for (other earthquakes, hurricanes, the tsunami back in 2011!).  My point is, why do you think this happens? It just doesn't make any sense.

I read that news when the earthquake happened, obviously I felt offended too, but what can we say if these priests/politicians want to blame everything on us. They probably need more Geography lessons. Not all, but I find that the less educated people tend to be more superstitious and believing in nonsense.

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

Well, that's just absurd really, why would a priest blame the gay community for an... earthquake?! Of course that the Vatican reproves those measures, as this Pope is actually a man with common sense, and sometimes all it takes is common sense to deal with an extremist like that Italian priest.

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

Omg! I almost never read this stuff, I'm always afraid my parents will search my laptop one day and see what I've been browsing. I actually barely have access to this forum..

It's a shame people can actually think such a thing. But it's an ever bigger shame such nonsense gets publicized and shared all over the place. So many impressionable people could read such accusations and who now, maybe even believe gay people are such sinners? 

I'm so sorry @98Netty that you have a hard time staying in touch with the online world :( Maybe put a password on your laptop? Maybe you'll feel safer with a password. Also, check out our PinkNews section, you'll catch up quick with the latest LGBT news! 

@SElf I totally agree! These people must be uneducated! 

I can understand people have strong opinions about the gay community, but to actually say or believe such nonesense, it makes me sad. And coming from a priest, even worse. 

There is a concept called "projection" in psychology. It is when one feels/fails at certain thing and then tries to blame others for the same.

Example,  a person fails his maths exam and then says the teacher did not set the paper right but in reality he might have not studied the portions which appeared in the paper.

This is what today's world is doing. What for them can't be accepted or is not normal or is a sin is to be blamed for all natural calamities and all wrong that goes around.

Just ignore such unfortunate and confused people.

It's not uncommon to have people blaming someone for their own fault. That's imperfection in human being. I was once like this, but I am glad that I've changed over the years. Well that was when I was much younger ;)

🌈 forum: https://girllovegirl.net | 🌈 social network: https://lgbt.io

I really feel funny when I read something that says that the gays, the pagans, and the feminists and abortionists and the lesbians in particular that actively trying to develop a different lifestyle for the society. Most of them blame it to "American Way".

They particularly blame America. I feel astonished when I read someone specifically pointing the finger in their face and say all kind of things. Let me admit that LGBT is a universal community and they have nothing to do with natural disasters. 

Yeah, the thing is that we tend to see our flaws in others, even if this might be unrelated to this piece of news. What's important is that we don't judge, that we focus on ourselves. I mean, are we better than anyone else? Are we responsible for anyone else? So let them be, and we should just try to work on being better people. ;)

Thinking about something clever to say here. :beach:

This week I read the title of an article that claimed that gay parents are more likely to abuse children. And I mean, I'm not saying that a gay parent never would abuse their children, because people are weird and evil sometimes but why is there the need to relate those things? I think that there is still a lot of stigma saying that the only thing that we care about is sex and more sex.