Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jemina

Anyone into drawing?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I often find myself drawing things or doodling so I thought I'd ask if anyone else here is into drawing. I generally prefer to use charcoal over any other medium if I'm trying to draw something I actually want to keep, but otherwise I'll just pick up whatever I have to hand. Here's one of the drawings I've done, more or less just  a sketch of a fox. 

IMG_1281.JPG

I wish I was. I never really started and now I feel like I'm so far behind everyone else it feels incredibly discouraging to start. How can I ever compare to every other artist who has been drawing since they were 8 years old? My girlfriend is a great artist though, maybe one day I will let her help me learn. ^^ Until then, I guess I'll just be someone who can only appreciate art rather than make it. Speaking of which, that's a great fox ^^ I really like the ears.

Hi Jemina, that's a great drawing, love it!

I am (or at least I like to think I am) a very creative person, so drawing is one of those things that fulfills my need to create something from nothing. I started (like most of us do) when I was very young but I don't think I improved that much since then :P I happen to like drawing animals too, so that's another thing we got in common.

I don't think you'd like too see any of them, but If I find one of them on my desk i'll post it later :)

I love drawing, specially with my graphical tablet. Too bad I'm not very good at it yet, even though I'm practicing every single day. The thing about drawing is you have to be patient and keep trying no matter how disappointing it is when you can't get it right. I've been into drawing since I was little, I still have dozens of drawings I made of anime girls. I was into pretty weird stuff back then. xD

I love painting and I love to see people paint, but I'm terrible on doing it by myself. I already tried a couple of times, specially when i was at school, I draw a lot to pass time, but my skills never raised.

I love to draw! I was very into cartoons at a young age and continued to draw well into my teens as a hobby, though I've cooled off a lot on it recently. I don't think of it as anything but to just pass the time, but I really admire those who are really talented and have a true passion for it. Here are some headshots of a few character I had bouncing around recently - sorry it's nothing refined, I can't really find anything fully rendered that I still like right now, haha.

example.png

I love drawing! I used to draw very often when I had a lot of time to do whatever I chose, but unfortunately, I don't have too much free time anymore. When I do draw, it's normally on looseleaf in the middle of class with either a pen or a pencil (whatever I can find). I notice that I tend to aimlessly draw a lot of hearts and simple shapes or patterns. If I'm actually drawing purposefully, I'll usually start my drawing in pencil and go over it in pen. I've used charcoal a few times, but I don't like how messy it can get.

What do you doodle when you get bored?

On 6/30/2016 at 7:23 AM, Vatheri said:

I wish I was. I never really started and now I feel like I'm so far behind everyone else it feels incredibly discouraging to start. How can I ever compare to every other artist who has been drawing since they were 8 years old? My girlfriend is a great artist though, maybe one day I will let her help me learn. ^^ Until then, I guess I'll just be someone who can only appreciate art rather than make it. Speaking of which, that's a great fox ^^ I really like the ears.

Same. When I was a kid I used to draw, but when I became a teenager, I could only draw random doodles on the side of my notebook because I became busy. I really really really want to learn how to draw, but I get discouraged everytime. Being a bit OC also doesn't help -I keep getting irritated when it's not as good as the image in my mind and then I kinda have a mental tantrum.

i used to draw when i was a kid. Participated in various drawing competitions and all but as i grew older i stopped doing it as often as i did or maybe i just didn't have as much time on my hands for it as before. I still do some sketches here and there but they are not as good as they were before. I love to paint as well and i think my love for painting has superseded that for drawing. I wouldn't draw professionally but i wouldn't mind doing it for fun occasionally. 

The drawing of the fox in the original post was wonderful.  I love still life drawings where the character or soul of the animal/person is able to shine through.  I loved drawing and art of all kinds when I was much younger.  I think I grew out of it.  But it is an amazing outlet of expression, so I wish I could grow back into it.