Join our first ever forum contest here:565_rainbow:

Jemina

What operating system do you prefer?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I know a lot of people have a preference for which OS they prefer, so I thought I'd ask here what your preferences are!

Personally, for smartphones I prefer Android because there's a lot of apps available, but you have more of a choice of device you can use and at different levels compared with the other main operating systems out there. 

For a laptop I prefer Windows because again it's easily available and does everything I need in a laptop. I did briefly consider a chromebook too but the fact you can't download much onto them put me off, and I find MAC's confusing. 

For tablets though I prefer Apple as I find iPad's run a lot more smoothly as a tablet than any others I've tried before. My iPad is getting quite old now, but it still works just as well as when I first got it. The same can't be said for the Android tablet I got, which was sluggish after just a few months. 

I'm an Apple girl to the core, no matter what device it is! Though the harsh reality is that I only could afford an iPhone and have to use Windows on my computer. I think about changing my laptop to a MacBook Pro since I need an upgrade for my studies, but I'll see what I can do since it costs way too over my budget to get an Apple laptop. Not that I'm saying Windows computers are bad - absolutely not! I'm just way too keen to Apple's design and how OS/iOS works. Since I got rid of my last Samsung I understood that to an impatient person like me iPhones are way better, thanks to their smooth operating system and bright design. 

I know it's a bit out-dated by most people's standards, but I still believe Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems for general use. ^^; I use it as my primary OS at least. I feel like it does everything I need it to fairly easily without much required configuration or built-in information "sharing" that later Windows versions have. iOS isn't bad, but just doesn't fit my tastes as well as Windows does and then lastly Linux is really cool in theory but often times more work than its worth, heh. ^^

I installed windows 10 on my PC like a month ago and now I can't live without it.  I love the little details, like now you can sync your windows calender to your google calendar which is huge for me because my mobile devices all use android.  Now that I mention Android, I could go either way but if I had to choose I would say that I like Android over iOS because of how easy it is to sync with the google services on PC. It's a shame because I do like the simplicity of the apple devices.

I used to like Windows XP and still use it when I can but most of the software that is being released lately can't be installed on XP.

This is what forces me to use other operating systems though I still run XP on a virtual machine.

When I have to use new software that won't run on XP, I'll use Windows 10 or Ubuntu but when I don't have to, I use XP. So though it's an obsolete OS I still use Windows XP. But I'm in good company — the U.S Navy is still using XP!

My brother is a die-hard Apple guy.  However, for smartphones, I prefer Android.  When it comes to a laptop, I have always been a Windows girl and probably always will be.  I have tried other operating systems and have even tried to let my brother convert me over to his cult-like Apple obsession, but I just can't do it.  I don't really like change unless it's a change in scenery.  Currently, I use Windows 7 Professional.  That has been the Windows that is the least obsolete and has the least bugs as well.

Fаvоuritе оS, thоugh nоt suitаblе аs my dеsktоp оS, is IBM i.
It's my fаvоuritе sеrvеr оS, it's rосk sоlid, gоt а built-in SQL dаtаbаsе, lоvеly соmmаnd linе intеrfасе, аnd аn ехtrеmеly riсh аPI. It's gоt а mоrе 'turnkеy' аpprоасh thаn UNIх/Linuх, i.е. nо dеpеndеnсy hеll, yоu dоn't ехpесt yоur сustоmеrs tо build sоftwаrе thеmsеlvеs аnd gеt thе librаriеs thеy nееd.
It's gоt lоvеly jоb mаnаgеmеnt аnd timеd jоb mаnаgеmеnt whiсh mаkе сrоn lооk likе а hасkеd tоgеthеr sсript mаdе in аn аftеrnооn.
оnly prоblеm is thе оS аnd соmpilеr liсеnsеs аrе mоrе ехpеnsivе thаn my саr.

My whole life I had used Windows, but just recently switched over to OS, because I've never had a mac and wanted to try it out and to be honest I like it very much, it is so much sleeker, faster and the battery life is 10 times longer. What I don't like is that not everything is compatible with OS and I can't game on it, since I actually love gaming

I usually use Windows on my computers. I have used Linux (Ubuntu) a few times and liked it but Windows is a bit more user-friendly. I mostly stick to Windows for gaming purposes, it's the main OS supported by games.

For smartphones, Android all the way :). I've never been a fan of Apple.

It's really hard for me to choose, honestly. Part of me wants to say android because it offers so much more than an iPhone. The android phones have tons of apps and your phone is very easy to customize. There is a huge selection of themes to choose from. The other part of me wants to say that I love the iPhone. The iPhone offers a lot of exclusives that you can't find on android. I really miss having the exclusive apps and a smoother loading speed. I never had any issues with my iPhone, but have plenty with my android.