Interested in becoming a forum moderator? Contact a staff member for more information!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roberta

Whiсh аrе thе mоst lеsbiаn friеndly сitiеs аrоund thе wоrld?

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Whiсh аrе thе mоst lеsbiаn friеndly сitiеs аrоund thе wоrld?
Fоr mе
Nоrthаmptоn, Sаn Frаnсisсо аrеа, Bеrlin, аmstеrdаm, Mаdrid & Bаrсеlоnа.
Whаt dо yоu think?

That depends on your definition of friendly, I took a trip to the beaches of Acapulco, Mexico with of my ex's and it was a great, beautiful place but when people saw us together they started cheering for us but not in the "You go girl" kind of way but in a "Yeaah lesbians are hot" which is not my cup of tea, sadly. Could be different for you but for me it was that way (Sorry to all the Mexican girls, i'm sure it was just bad luck on my part).

I once traveled to Paris on my own (I was single at the time) and I saw a lot of girls having fun and expressing love for each other out in the open in parks and stuff like that, so you should probably add it to your list :)

I think San Fransisco, Amsterdam, New York City, and Los Angeles are pretty friendly to those who identify as a lesbian. I also think Las Vegas is pretty friendly too, so long as you stay nearer to the strip and don't go out to the suburbs. Otherwise, you might as well be in middle America where there's no education on sexuality.

I never thought of a specific city as being "lesbian friendly." I believe this is because I live in a city that is pretty tolerant of all sexuality. There are a few people that aren't as accepting, but I think that's just about anywhere you go. San Francisco is very "gay friendly" and super accepting. From what I understand, there is a complete street dedicated to LGBTQ. Los Angeles is also a very "gay friendly" area. Majority of my friends live in the Los Angeles area because there are certain communities that aren't nearly as bad when it comes to accepting others.

Definitely the most friendly city I've come across was San Francisco - I'm not surprised by this, I think globally SF is known as a very LGBT friendly city. Also a lot of cities in Australia I have traveled to with my partner were very accepting and friendly.

In order to be lesbian friendly city, there are two important cafeterias, for instance...

The country law (the host country) must accept LGBT

The people in the city do not view LGBT as a crime, or sin

Any cities that fulfill aforementioned criteria can be friendly city.

For me my city is lesbian friendly.

@Chameli good points - glad to hear where you live is friendly towards LGBT!

I'm hoping one day we wont even need to ask this question because everywhere will be accepting of LGBT :)

It really depends on people's level of acceptance of this relationship.  

While lesbians are nothing new realy other narrow minded people may think of it as a big deal. 

In fact within a city you may find specific areas which are comfort zone for lesbians while others simply aren't.  

I don't think that you have to specifically find a particular city for finding a lesbian (or gay). Our society is full of them but in bigger cities lesbian and gays do not hide themselves where in closed societies and  orthodox countries they do not come forward openly. 

Brightоn оn thе sоuth соаst оf thе U.K. !
Gо tо Brightоn, Еnglаnd.. I think yоu will bе hаppy :)