We regret to inform you that this forum will be shut down soon. For any questions, please contact us.

Jemina

Concerts

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I've always wanted to go to a number of concerts but so far I haven't had the chance to go to any. I tend to resort to either watching them on TV or watching the recorded videos later on YouTube if they end up on there. If I could go to any concert though I think the one I'd pick first would be Rock am Ring in Germany. I've always wanted to go, and have a friend that's been several times. The line up is always great!

Have any of you ever been to concerts? If so, what was your favorite one? Any bands or artists you'd love to see live?

I've been to several concerts but not really of my favorite bands, since everything happens in the country's capital and I'm quite far to make it and/or I always have something to do at the time. If I don't count with the usual local singers, a memorable concert i attended was Europe (those folks that sing "The Final Countdown"; just clarifying because a lot of people don't know who they are unless I mention this song, at least here in my country).

They came to a sea food festival that happens every year in a close city and it was an unique opportunity to watch such an amazing band life. Of course "The Final Countdown" was the last song and it was amazing to at least see that people knew that one. They came to present their new album at the time, One Last Look at Eden, which I am really fond of. In general I'm not really a big fan of concerts due to the big crowd and the noise but there are some opportunities that we can't miss no matter what :D

I still want to watch my favorite bands live, though, I just hope they stay around enough time for that to happen!

I am sorry to hear that you haven't experienced a concert yet! Concerts are a ton of fun, but can be a bit overwhelming at times. I really don't like big crowds- but I suffer through them in the name of the artists I love, ha ha. I couldn't tell you an exact number of concerts I've been to. I spent a lot of time attending different music festivals growing up. One of my favorite artists to see live is "Mindless Self Indulgence" because they set a different bar. Their set is always fun, offensive, and crude. I had a ton of fun at their shows. I have also seen Coheed and Cambria more than a handful of times.

I have been to several concerts. I have to point out that the first concert i ever went to was my worst experience but it didn't hinder me from attending others. All my belongings and my friends' belongings were stolen and if not for a the help of a good Samaritan we would have walked the whole day home.  That experience did not deter me from attending other concerts but it made me smarter. I try to do VIP whenever i can because there are less people in the VIP section or i try to attend less crowded concerts. My biggest one still has to be Jay Z and Beyonce's concert. We don't get many international acts here in East Africa and whenever we do, i do take advantage. I have attended several other small concerts and they are always a lot of fun. 

This is going to be really embarrassing but I've been to 3 shows when I was younger: Demi Lovato, Justin Bieber and The Jonas Brothers. Oh, and I saw Paul McCartney live 2 years ago, it was amazing. Honestly I wouldn't pay to go to concerts anymore, because you can barely hear anything, only the crazy fans screaming, which I think is very, very disrespectful. If you're going to a concert to scream only because you're close to a famous person, don't go. Concerts are for music and screaming ruins the experience for everyone.

You're losing so much, going to concerts are one of my favorite things to do in life, for sure! My favorite one was definitely Kendrick Lamar this Summers, he put on a great show and was always interacting with the audience! I'd love to see tame impala live, I've already missed them one time...

My favorite was The Lumineers - they are probably my all time favorite band and their live show was just brilliant - to me they are such a talented band and they really had the entire audience captivated! I'm looking forward to seeing them again sometime, it's worth every penny I think!

I personally find concerts a ton of fun, I go all out when I'm there and it's the one place I feel like myself. 

I wouldn't pressure anyone else into joining me though, sometimes crowds are tough. If you're going I recommend bringing a friend or several. I have a group of 3-4 other people that we all go together. Pair up if you're going anywhere.

I have a full list on my profile of all the concerts I've been to this year, the best performance by far though was Tool. Incredible band that really understands how to use their instruments, and a singer who knows how to compliment the other band members rather than structure a song around lyrics. Second place would be a tie betweenness Black Sabbath because it's their last tour and they played for HOURS and Weezer because they know how to have a good time with the audience. 

I have been to many concerts, but my two favorites were Travis Tritt and Stevie Nicks. I saw Stevie Nicks when Sheryl Crow  was new to the scene and what an amazing Concert this was she opened up for Stevie.

Jemina, you have to go to a Concert sometime. There is nothing better than to hear your favorite band live in Concert.